Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Hello friends and family!

I've made it!!! I arrived in Scottsdale Monday morning at 9:00 am. We were met at the airport by President and Sister Sweeney, our APs and some awesome senior couples. They took us to the Mesa Temple Visitors Center and we got a tour and were told that we can use it any time and bring investigators! So cool!!!! We also get to go to the temple for the Christmas lights and for the Mesa Easter Pageant! I'm excited about that! We have lots of flexibility as far as mission boundaries. We will also be able to attend the Phoenix temple open house! Lots of stuff going on around here. Oh and we have mission conference on Saturday with the Mesa mission so I hope to see Elder Andrew and Elder Clegg!!! ELDER NELSON will be there. So exciting!

Um it's really hot and I feel really gross and sweaty all the time. It's been soooo humid because it's monsoon season and it's been raining A LOT. It's flooding the freeway and stuff.. The first night I went contacting in downtown Scottsdale. It wasn't as ritzy as I would have thought. But I followed some inspiration and we found this man who was golden! He believes in God, prays, knows he receives answers and has faith in prayer and said he walked into a Latter-day Saint church once and really liked it. We were like YEAH THAT'S US. It was so great. He asked where the nearest church was but we didn't know so we took his info to send some missionaries to him! First contact- first referral!

Now the juicy stuff... TRANSFERS! My trainer is Sister Andrus. She's from California and is a Sister Training Leader and pretty much the bomb. I know I am going to learn so much from her. We are serving in..... THE MESA YSA 1ST WARD! Woohoooo! I'm excited but a little nervous, there's a lot of RMs and Sister Andrus said it's a little intimidating sometimes haha

My MTC comp is now in the mountains. We live with Sister Lopez and Kufusi and they are our Spanish Hermanas and they serve on the Rez! There are 6-7 Indian Reservations in the mission and they send Spanish speaking Hermanas and the dark missionaries there.. So I don't know if I'll ever end up there!

We have some investigators right now that we'll be teaching tonight and later this week. We get to stop by YSA activities and stuff so that's fun and the members feed us and really help with the work so that's exciting!

I have only been here two days so I don't really know what else to say... it's beautiful here! I love the palm trees.

I love you all!

-Sister Richards

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading this! Nothing like getting your first taste of Arizona by getting there now, but doesn't it smell amazing after it rains? Keep being your awesome self! - Deborah Wellard

    ReplyDelete