Thursday, November 13, 2014

Crazy in Scottsdale!

​Hello family and friends,
This past week was crazy and pretty hard and disappointing. First off- I had four 24 hour exchanges in seven days where I was with Sister Thomas while our companions evaluated and trained the other sisters. This made for interesting days because she doesn't know her area very well since she just got there and in my huge area we didn't have the car so we walked and were bums looking for rides.
The awesome potential, Benjamin, that I wrote about last week hasn't been home, and hasn't returned our responded to any of our calls or texts. I don't know what his situation is but hopefully we can teach him sometime. Another one of our investigators moved and he doesn't have a phone so we can't contact him and don't know where he is so he's basically dropped. Our investigator teaching pool is depleted. It's time to involve the members and do some serious finding! Young single adults are so unpredictable and unstable. They move around a lot and many don't have phones so it makes things interesting and more difficult.
Our success this week was in less actives. We had 3 come to church this week! Two of them came for the first time in a long time. One of them we are helping to overcome addictions and another we did some service for and have been teaching the lessons as practice.
Some other fun things that happened this week:
I made and baked an apple pie from scratch at a Relief Society Activity
I planted a garden
We had two meals paid for by some very kind members when we were out to eat
Some upcoming things:
Tomorrow Elder Lawrence is coming to give us some training
This coming Sunday is the Phoenix Temple Dedication! 

I'm so grateful to be a missionary! I know the message that I share is true! Thank you all so much for the love, support and encouragement.
Have a great week!
Sister Richards

Sister Thomas and I on exchanges!


​my friend Jenny who was my next door neighbor at BYU :)

No comments:

Post a Comment