Sunday, January 11, 2015

Happy New Year!

This week was tons of fun! On New Year's day we went to Scottsdale and played sports with the Scottsdale zone almost all day! I loved every minute of it as I'm sure you can all imagine! We played gatorball, volleyball, basketball, football and ultimate frisbee! It's a really fun mission tradition that everyone looks forward to. 

The holidays the past two weeks have made it really difficult to set appointments and teach. I'm excited that they're over and am ready to work hard! Sister Lyons and I are still struggling with having investigators to teach but have the faith that we will be able to find those that are prepared! 

We made some progress with our investigator Genise this week. We were able to teach her about how the Bible and the Book of Mormon support each other. I've had really good studies and learned a lot as I've prepared for her lessons. Our concern is that she's very intellectual and needs evidence for everything and that she thinks her answer is going to come in a  profound way! We're really emphasizing to her the need to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and helping her recognize that the answer from the Holy Ghost might not come in a grand way as she expects! 

We are working with some great families in the Riverview ward and are trying to get them to the temple! 

I am so grateful to be a missionary and to be serving here in AZ! Every day I am just so thankful to be sharing my testimony of Jesus Christ's gospel. I hope we all can come closer to Him, increase our faith and testimonies of Him this year. 

With lots of love,
Sister Richards

I haven't been able to send pics for a few weeks... 
​Sister Lyons and I Christmas morning

​yay for skype!!!


​Sister Tippery and I at our sports day


​I LOVE mango agua fresca!

​the Elders I beat at pig hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment