Wednesday, February 4, 2015

​The best part about being in Mesa right now is all the ripe citrus!!!

Hey family and friends! 

This past week we were super busy and the week went by so fast! We finished teaching Lexi all the lessons and she had her baptism interview on Saturday and she's ready! We're so excited for her. Her baptism will be this Saturday! The ward has been so welcoming to her and she has so much support, it's awesome. They sure help us out a lot! 

We also contacted and taught a new investigator whose name is Ryan. He's been taught by missionaries before and just moved into our area. He has some drug problems but is working through them. He has so much potential! 

We're super excited because our friend Nohely from the YSA ward lives within the Riverview boundaries as well and she has a 10 year old sister that we're going to start teaching! We are so happy to be Mer's missionaries! She was getting taught by the Spanish Elders for a while but Nohely decided it would be best to bring her to an English ward. 

There were a lot of activities going on for the Superbowl in our area and we were able to go to one of them! On Saturday we went to Scottsdale for a Native American cultural and art's festival and we were able to talk to a lot of people! One man we talked to just lost a family member and we were able to tell him about God's plan for us and we talked to this girl named Sarah and we taught her what makes our church different and how the Priesthood authority is necessary. I know we planted some seeds! 

Yesterday our fast and testimony meetings were really spiritual. I love Sundays and all our meetings so much! As I sit in church with our members and see the people we're working with I'm just so happy! Every Sunday I get such overwhelming feelings of joy. I love being a missionary! I love the area I'm in right now and the people I get to serve. 

I'm about to finish 3 Nephi in my Book of Mormon study and one of my favorite verses is 3 Nephi 9:14 Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.

I know that this verse is true- that the Savior invites all to come unto Him. I feel His love everyday and am so grateful for the opportunity I have to help others strengthen their faith in Jesus Christ. 

I hope you all have a great week!

With love, 
Sister Richards

​The best part about being in Mesa right now is all the ripe citrus!!! Members give us bags and bags of all these lemons and different kids of oranges! :)


​Only one more week with Sister Andrus!


​Here are some of the dancers and the cultural event!





These sisters served as the RS president and as a ward missionary before they moved! It was good to see them and here's some of those delicious oranges!


​we shouldn't be taking pictures in church... but here's a selfie of us with Mer and Nohely!

No comments:

Post a Comment