Thursday, December 31, 2015

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!
Our focus in the mission lately has been talking to everyone and this
week we had a really cool experience sharing the gospel. We had gotten
some notices on our door about being surveyed for a community census
and we needed to call to set an appt with this woman named Carol or do
the survey online. I considered online but thought I'm sure this lady
isn't a member because if she was she would know that we weren't good
candidates for a community census. After getting fedex'd another
notice from the government I thought ok, ok we need to take care of
this. So we called Carol and made an appt for her to come by. While
she was surveying us we had a really good conversation and she told us
that she lost her husband and some other things. She is very active in
another faith but we testified of the temple and how families can be
together forever and we taught her about the Book of Mormon and she
accepted one! It was such an awesome experience. I know she came to
survey is for a reason! I hope she reads the Book of Mormon.

Miracles: Jenny is home from the hospital and her kidneys are working!
We had such a powerful lesson with the Furbushs Thursday night about
faith through our trials and Sister Ylisaari bore a powerful testimony
of how faith strengthened her family through her mom's physical trials
and I testified to them of the truthfulness of the gospel and the love
the Savior has for them. The spirit was so strong. I can't even
describe it. It was one of those lessons I'll never forget. They
surprised us yesterday and even with Jenny's weak condition they
stayed all three hours yesterday. I just have so much love for them. I
can't wait to see them sealed in the temple one day.

I hope you all have a very Merry Christ centered Christmas. Jesus
Christ is the the reason for the season. He is central to our Heavenly
Father's plan. He was born to save us and redeem us from spiritual and
physical death. How grateful I am for Him. I know He lives and loves
us and is there to help us through this life. I hope you take a moment
to ponder what the Savior means to you this week.

I love you all and Merry Christmas! ðŸŒ²❤😊
Sister Richards

Sent from my iPad

Mykaela Richards

Dec 21 (10 days ago)

No comments:

Post a Comment