Thursday, December 31, 2015

Transfer #6 in Taylor has begun!

Good afternoon! 

Transfers brought no changes for us! Sister Ylisaari and I 
are back together for another transfer and this one will be 7 weeks long. I'm super grateful to still be here in Taylor, you all know how much I love it here. It snowed a bit last week Saturday and on Monday. It's been so cold and we've both caught colds. It hasn't been fun to be sick all week but we've been well taken care of. The members have given us Vitamin C, medicine, cough drops, everything. We're so blessed!

This past week was so awesome. Last Wednesday was Natalie and Koen's baptism. It was such a spiritual experience. I am so happy for them and their decision to follow Jesus Christ. On Thursday night I was able to take a trip down to Mesa and witness Tabby's baptism. It was so nice. I am so grateful I was able to see these special people that I've taught enter into this important covenant with our Heavenly Father. They have all come so far and grown in the gospel so much! 

On Friday we contacted this family that the bishopric told us to visit. I had visited them with Sister Call this summer and they had no interest in coming back to church but things have really changed in their lives the last few months and their hearts have softened. They told us that their goal is the temple, they want to be sealed, their one son needs to be ordained a deacon and their other son baptized. It's so neat for me to be in the area this long to see some people make changes in their lives. I know that God prepares them and works on them and that we never know when they'll be ready. This family came to church on Sunday! I really hope they'll stick to their goal and start living the gospel more fully. I'm grateful for the opportunity to help them! 

We had a really good family home evening with Chris and Amelia in a member's home. They are doing really well and we visited Jenny in the hospital this week and she's going to come home today! We're going to teach them tonight. We're so happy that Jenny is coming home but she still isn't fully recovered and needs our prayers. 

We sure are enjoying the Christmas season and I hope you all are too! :) I know that a Savior was born to save us all. I'm grateful for all that is possible for me and all of us because of Him. I love the opportunities that I have every day to help others strengthen their faith in Jesus Christ.

I love you all! 

-Sister Richards :) 

















No comments:

Post a Comment