Friday, December 5, 2014

It's December!

Family and friends-

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! My companion and I sure did!

This week we will have a baptism for one of our new investigator's. Her name is Tania and she has been taught by missionaries for years. Her family has all recently joined the church and now she is ready! She's so great and we're really excited!

We have another new investigator named Nathan who isn't too sure about religion but we've taught him how to pray and he's had some incredible experiences and has felt a huge difference in his life as he's started praying! We have only taught him a few lessons in a few weeks because he wants to take things slow but he has great potential!

We have seen some tender mercies as we've been tracting! We have been able to find many potential investigators and I've been loving the opportunity to testify of Christ and share the He is the Gift passalong card. Many people's hearts are softened and are more open to hear our message this time of year and that is why we have the He is the Gift initiative! If you don't know what it is check out Christmas.mormon.org and look in your December Ensign!

On Black Friday my zone went to the Riverview shopping mall to advertise with posters the He is the Gift initiative while everyone was driving by and shopping! We had lots of success and the Spanish Elders got a new potential investigator because of it! We had signs for people to honk and everyone was honking at us and waving and taking pictures. It was really fun!

I'm so grateful for this opportunity I have to share my testimony of Jesus Christ this Christmas season. I know that He is the greatest gift. I'm so thankful for Him and that I can be a disciple of Him in sharing His Gospel!

Have a great week! Next week is transfers! I'll email on Wednesday!

Love you all!

Sister Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment