Monday, October 12, 2015

I'm not that old!

Everyone always asks "how long have you been out?" I reply "about a year" and they say something like oh no, you're almost done or you're on the downhill. I don't feel like that at all though! I can't believe I'll be home in 5 months. 

We have another new investigator! In Snowflake there are a couple of people that the Elders have tried to teach but they have referred them to us because they think they'd do better with sisters. One of the referrals they gave us was for a woman named Patty. We called her to set up an appt and she told her she was just interested in "the book". When we stopped by we explained what we do as missionaries. She's from Kenya and knew nothing about the church until she moved to Snowflake Arizona. She said "I want to learn about the LDS since there are so many around here". We gave her a Book of Mormon and taught her about its purpose as we read the introduction. We invited her to read it and she said of course she would, "that's what the book said to do". It was so great. Sister Thumstedter and I chuckled. We're looking forward to teaching her the restoration tomorrow

The Furbushs are still doing really well. We had some great lessons with Jenny and Amelia. They've definitely felt the spirit. They came to church yesterday and they fasted for the first time. One thing that we all fasted for was Chris' safe arrival home. He's been experiencing quite a few difficulties in NY. He was supposed to be home today but now he won't get back until this weekend at the earliest. 

We've been teaching Rylee and Ally for quite a while but they're so busy it's hard to be consistent. They were supposed to be baptized this weekend but we need to postpone it since they haven't been to church. They came yesterday though! I was so impressed with how reverent they were in sacrament meeting. Ally (she's 7) got up in our fast and testimony meeting and shared a story about a time her prayer was answered. It was so sweet. These two girls amaze me. They read their scriptures and pray and have such sweet spirits. It's so neat that I've had the opportunity to teach so many children. I'm so grateful! I love them so much. 

We had a great zone meeting this week. I've been really uplifted lately by the topics we've been trained on. One training was about the "why" of our missions and we were each asked why we chose to serve a mission. It was a great to ponder and reflect on why I chose to serve. We all concluded that the why of missionary service is the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. How grateful I am for His sacrifice on my behalf. As I applied the Atonement in my life I've gained such a strong testimony and I desire to share that with others. I know it's only through living the gospel of Jesus Christ- having faith in Jesus Christ, repenting, being baptized and by receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost that God's children have access to the blessings of the sacrifice Jesus Christ has made for them. 

I hope you all are ponderizing :) my scripture is 2 Nephi 2:22 this week!

Love you all!
-Sister Richards :)

found these pics







I don't think I ever mentioned that we have a car again! It's been super nice! With all the rain the dirt roads have been really muddy which means a dirty car...


President Hardy numbed and burned my finger again today! It's so painful...

No comments:

Post a Comment