Wednesday, October 7, 2015

So grateful for the Atonement!



This week's update is going to be short because preparation day is almost over!

Last week it was really hard to attend baby Ruby's funeral but we know
that she fulfilled her purpose on Earth and did so much good in the
short time she was here! How grateful we are for the hope, peace,
comfort and eternal perspective that the gospel gives us. We also
attended another funeral this week for a woman that none of us
missionaries knew but they asked the LDS missionaries to do a musical
number at it. As a district we sang "I know that my Redeemer lives" to
a room full of nonmembers. It made me so grateful to have a knowledge
that the Savior has overcome death.

The Furbushs are still doing really well. Chris went back to NY so its
just Jenny and Amelia but we had a really good lesson on the plan of
salvation. Jenny always has great questions. They're doing awesome in
their reading of the Book of Mormon. We read a chapter with them the
other night and tonight we're going to teach them about the Gospel of
Jesus Christ. They were able to watch some general conference on
Saturday and we were supposed to watch with them yesterday but they
weren't able to make it. Jenny is determined to watch the other
sessions at a member's house later this week! Yesterday was pretty
cool, Jenny asked us for some more materials to study and is ready to
quit smoking! They are such a tender mercy and I'm so grateful for the
opportunity to teach them!

I loved Elder Lawrence's talk from conference. I took his challenge to
pray about what I can do to be better and have recovered some
inspiration! I also have accepted Elder Durrant's challenge to
"ponderize" a scripture every week! Elder Clark said something like
"we need to be good at getting better" and I think that sums up
general conference perfectly! It's up to us to act upon the
inspiration and counsel we receive and better ourselves. It's my
prayer that I can become a better person these next 6 months before we
hear from our leaders again and I hope you will too!

Lots of love and prayers,
Sister Richards



Here's a picture from Braxton's baptism I forgot to send last week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment