Monday, November 23, 2015

"It's not happy people who are grateful, it is grateful people who are happy"

I can't believe that the holidays are already here but I love this time of year! We have been so very busy this week! It's been great! We taught lots of lessons and had so many people come to church yesterday! I love when the people we teach follow through and all our hard work pays off. 

So our investigator Jenny has been very sick in ICU for almost a week and a half. We've been praying a lot for her and her family. The ward has been so supportive though and we've been so grateful for that. I am happy to report that she was doing so much better yesterday when we visited her in the hospital. Her kidneys still aren't functioning though so please keep her in your prayers! 
I forgot to tell you all that before Jenny got sick she said "Sisters, I need some more pamphlets and another Book of Mormon because I sent them to my friend back in New York" I was so excited to hear that she had started sharing the Gospel! :) Jenny and Chris told us they weren't sure if Chris' family would be too receptive but we sent the Snowflake Elders to their address to see if they needed any help moving in and the Elders told us last week that they started teaching them! YAY :) 
Yesterday I was so happy to see Chris and Amelia at church. I was surprised actually! I wasn't sure if they would come since Jenny was in the hospital but they did and they stayed all three hours. We can really see that they are gaining testimonies. I have been praying all week that this trial would strengthen and not weaken their faith.

We got one new investigator this week! We started teaching another youth- I really think it is my calling to teach kids and I love it! Ryland just turned 9 years old and we're going to teach him to prepare him for baptism! He is so cute and so funny. He really reminds me of Quin when he was that age. During our whole lesson he kept going to his room to show us his trophies and all his cool stuff.  He really impressed me because yesterday he biked to church and came all by himself. I haven't come across too many young kids to do that. I'm so glad we can teach him.

On Tuesday night we extended a 30 day Book of Mormon reading challenge to Mel and Katy and we're doing it too! Listening counts- otherwise there is no way we could do it. I hope we can all finish it! 

We're having exchanges tomorrow and I'm going to be going out of the area and maybe to Luna or Pie Town, New Mexico so that should be fun! Wednesday we're having Zone Conference and the vehicle coordinator is bringing up a truck so our car can get fixed in the valley. I'm excited to drive a truck! haha :)
We're very excited for Thanksgiving. We will be eating with members and visiting as many people as we can. It should be a very fun day! We have received so many invitations to dinner, everyone wants us at their house. We're so grateful that the members take such good care of us!

Bishop Burt in the Taylor 1st ward has been helping us out so much with missionary work. He has gotten really involved with teaching with us and we're having a lesson in his home tonight. Yesterday in Sacrament meeting he extended the calling of ward missionary to everyone in attendance! "Every member a missionary!" -David O McKay He asked Sister Ylisaari and I to speak next Sunday about member missionary work and setting a date and then praying for missionary opportunities. We have been extending a challenge at all dinner appointments for members to invite a nonmember or less active to meet with the missionaries by Christmas and I'm extended that challenge to all of you! I know that if you pray for and seek out opportunities to share the Gospel you will be given those opportunities. You need not fear or be nervous because the Lord promises that if we open our mouths they will be filled and I have such a testimony of that! This time of year is such a great time to share the Gospel. I know that we have so much to be grateful for, especially for the Gospel. 

I am so grateful for my calling as a full-time missionary. I am so thankful to be serving here in Taylor, AZ. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to be God's instrument in bringing His children unto Him! 

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! 
Sister Richards

We did some service at the Bishop's Storehouse! 




 
It's time to bundle!!! 







Another pic with the Borseth's puppies. I think I'm going to bring one home! 



A pretty sunset




Lunch at celebrations!
The lasagna soup was super good


Selfie with the cows


Was a beautiful day at the park with Jeff


That's Katy's dad. He has motors all over his yard and he was teaching us about them and helping us get them started. It was pretty cool! 




Being silly...


We heart attacked the Furbushs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment