Monday, February 29, 2016

3 WEEKS TO GO!!!!

Hey everybody! 

This week was super great but I don't have much time since we had such a great preparation day! We went hiking in this really cool canyon! But here's just a little bit of what happened:

Trinity is doing really well. She's reading the Book of Mormon and has accepted a baptismal date! We are going to teach her again tonight. She really is a valiant spirit. Her mom is less active and none of her sisters are interested but she really wants to be baptized! We just need to figure out how we can help her attend church. She really wants to go with her mom and her mom has been sick a lot and working on Sundays.

We had really good lessons with Mel and Heather and our other investigators! 
The Furbushs got their temple recommends and yesterday Chris received the Aaronic priesthood! :) 
Ryland is also doing well. 
We had a potential investigator that the Craner family is fellowshipping join us for all of our meetings yesterday! That was really awesome. Another less active that hasn't come to church since she's moved her came yesterday!
There was this girl that Sister Call and I were working with that moved to the valley and I saw her car at her car at her old house so we stopped by and she was there. When she opened the door she was so shocked to see me STILL here. hahah She said "I've been gone for 7 months! What are you still doing here?!" It was so awesome. Now Sister Jones and her next companion will be able to continue to help her out!

The word is starting to spread across town that I'm going home- not many people knew- which was a good thing! But they are all so sad. The Furbushs said they're going to chain me up so I can't leave. I don't know how I'm going to say goodbye to everyone here. They're my family! It's going to break my heart. 

This transfer I've had a lot of time to reflect and I'm actually required with the church's new My Plan program to set goals for when I go home. This quote I found today sums up my experience: "When we assist Jesus Christ in His mission of saving souls, we too will be rescued in the process." -Elder Sam Wong I'm so grateful for my mission and how it's "saved" or converted me.

Love you all! Have a great week :)

-Sister Richards














No comments:

Post a Comment