Wednesday, February 24, 2016

pure joy :)

This week was so fantastic; I don't even know how to adequately express myself and share everything! 

We got a new investigator! Her name is Trinity and she's another unbaptized youth. Taylor is just a gold mine for them and I LOVE teaching kids :) We taught her the Restoration and she said the closing prayer. I was on exchanges when Sister Jones taught her again but she read the material we left for her and has been talking to her mom about baptism!

We also had a great contact with a family of another faith this week, they were one of the member referrals we received and they just moved here a few months ago. They are strong followers of Christ, they study the Bible and they meet in other follower's homes. It was really quite interesting to talk to them! We testified of the Restoration and eternal families and they were about to send us off when I pulled out the Book of Mormon. I asked if they believed God would reveal His word to people in another continent and they said yes. We were able to share some passages about the Savior from the Book of Mormon with them and read Moroni's promise. We invited them to study it and they were interested and committed to! Sadly, we couldn't get a return appt since they were going out of town but there is potential! I know that The Book of Mormon has power, it is unique to our faith and is the witness that our message is true! 

We had exchanges this week and I went to Eagar with Sister Ballew. It was a good day! We were able to teach lots of lessons!
We had zone conference this week and it was so good and so inspired. I loved the trainings that were given. We had the opportunity to extend our own commitments to ourselves as the Spirit prompted had prompted us during the training and it was such a powerful meeting! It was all about change and I'm excited to work on my goals this week.

Our baptisms went so well! Ryland's was really good. The Furbushs was practically perfect! If only the font hadn't be drained right before. I felt bad the water wasn't too warm. Sister Jones and I thought we were doing so well! We had told them not to pull the plug after Ryland's but it all worked out. The ward support was incredible and the Spirit was felt so strongly. I couldn't be happier to have seen the Furbushs take this step closer to Heavenly Father. It was such an amazing experience. I couldn't be filled with more joy. Their confirmations went well yesterday and we got Chris a white shirt just in time for church :) This is only their first step though! This week they are going to meet with Bishop to get temple recommends and for Chris to receive to the Aaronic Priesthood.

I am so grateful I was able to join the missionary choir. After church yesterday we drove down to Mesa and had the missionary musical fireside "Seek This Jesus". It was such a powerful and spiritual experience!  I loved testifying of Christ through song. As a choir we sang This is the Christ and I Believe in Christ. Some other faiths joined us for the fireside and shared their testimonies through music too. It was so amazing! 

This week was definitely one of the best of my whole mission! I'm so thankful for the opportunities this week that I had to share my testimony and for the wonderful experiences we had and I know that there are more to come! I hope you all have a great week :)

Love,
Sister Richards

1




these sisters served or are serving in the Mesa YSA and this is one of our friends from the ward!
me and Sister Ylisaari!
On the way back up to the mountains today we had 12 missionaries in the 12 passenger van. It was tight! FYI: In this picture the car was stopped and we were getting gas :)
this sunrise was GORGEOUS! The sky was on fire :)




It was so good to see Sister Thumstedter! 
The Furbushs with all their friends in the ward and missionaries, minus Sister Ylisaari :(
After their confirmation! :)
some missionary friends at the musical fireside!





No comments:

Post a Comment