Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A Trip to the Mountains!

I hope everyone had a great week!

I really can't even comprehend how it's already Monday again. Time just flies by so fast. Every week feels shorter and shorter.

We started out this week on exchanges on Tuesday. Of course I was going into the biking area on the hottest day of the week! I had a great time with Sister Thomas. It's fun to go on exchanges with her! We went on so many together my second transfer while our companions were STLs and now she's my STL! We had this one encounter with this construction worker who said "I didn't know girls could be Elders". haha Anyway, he had attended our church before and he thought a bunch of things about our church that weren't true and we tried to set him straight. Nothing seemed to really get through to him. Sometimes in contacting I fear or feel awkward but I've been trying to be bold lately and I just testified to this guy and said "I know that this is God's church. I know that what we share is true. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know that being "Mormon" is for you." It was really cool experience. I hope it made a difference to this guy. He doesn't live in our boundaries and wouldn't give an address but we told him to request missionaries on Mormon.org.

Today in my personal study I was reading Elder Pino's talk from conference "The Eternal Perspective of the Gospel". It's such a great talk about how having an understanding of the plan of salvation gives us an eternal perspective and helps us do what's right! He said, "Understanding the plan will help people keep the commandments, make better decisions, and have the right motivation." This is so true in missionary work. We teach the plan of salvation and helps our investigators gain an testimony of it so they can make any needed sacrifices to keep commandments. The eternal perspective is the motivation! I couldn't say it any better than him: "Understanding this plan of happiness provides us with an eternal perspective and helps us to truly value the commandments, the ordinances, the covenants, and the trials and tribulations." Having an eternal perspective really helps us to keep the commandments, our covenants and endure an trial. I'm so grateful for the knowledge of God's plan!

I hope you all have a great week!

Sister Richards

Sister Thomas and I on exchanges


the cabin in Payson


We had a great time in the mountains at the Relief Society Retreat!!


​Seeing pine trees was like home!



What an Awesome Surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment